Friday, May 7, 2010

Weight loss blog – Saturday, April 17, 2010 (Entry #1 204lbs.)

So Ann and I decided a few days ago, the day she encouraged me to write my story and exercise blog, that we would have a little friendly competition with each other, thatls what I though anyway. She thought it'd be cool if I mastered all of my exercise dvd's through my weight loss journey. Before she came up with this idea she told me she was going to start “The 30 day shred”, with Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. I got it for her at the same time I bought mine. Well I was sick and asked her if she would want to wait until today so that we could start it together. She said, and I quote, “Bring it on sister.” LOL Now anytime someone hears “bring it on” it's a challenge right? Well she and I were emailing each other I had told her that my son said he wanted to start working out. He wants to build muscle so he can play football. Anyways, I told Ann that I told Zachary we were in a challenge together. She said, “didn't know we were in a competition!” I told her, “you were the one that said, “Bring it on sister!”. So this is how today's competition began. Bring it on “30 Day Shred”!!

So I'm sitting here with my work out dvd's. There are quite a few of them and I'm going to challenge myself to master these. Since I have so many, even if I mastered 1 a month it would take me over a year to do, so instead of biting off more than I can chew in hopes that I don't get overwhelmed I will list the one's I would like to conquer/master. This is going to be A LOT of work, I want to attempt to do 1 a month. A few of them, especially The Biggest Loser one's are set up into a 6 or 7 week program. Now the first one that we decided on IS just a month, hence 30 days. DUH! LOL The list will be as follows:

Apr – May: Slim & Thin w/Leslie Sansone, (3dvd's will be mastered in this time)

1. Slim & Thin

2. Sculpt & Burn

3. Shape & Firm

May – Jun: 30 Day Jumpstart, Biggest Loser with contestant Winners

Jun – Jul: 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels

Starting June 30, since Zach will be in Kentucky there will be 2 a day's. Walk/Jogging routes that will be mapped out with the car to get mileage. Will list the routes on a later date. 2 a days will go on until Zachary comes home, should be the whole month of July depending on when his grandparents bring him home.

Jul – Aug: Cardio Overdrive - The Firm

Aug – Sept: No more Trouble Zones with Jillian Michaels

Sept – Oct: The Firm - 3 dvd's will be mastered this month as well.

1. Cardio Party

2. Hi-Def Sculpt

3. Hard Core Fusion

Oct – Nov: Billy Blanks - Tae Bo T3, Also 3 dvd's in 30 days. 10 days for each dvd, this month will be rough, but I will be up for the challenge.

1. Dedication

2. Commitment

3. Empowerment

Nov – Dec: Barry's Boot Camp – As seen on TV, This will be training for hardcore training starting 2011. There are 4 dvd's in this. 3 of the dvd's have 3 workouts on each dvd. I will be giving myself 1 week to master all 3 levels of each dvd. On week 4 I will be doing the "Code Red 6 day Challenge" dvd. Then will take 2 weeks off of this challenge to enjoy Christmas and New Years and prepare for Hardcore 2011.

Now I KNOW one of these a month is CRAZY. I will have to push myself to the limits. Limits that I don't even know if I have yet. Actually now that it's all written down I am feeling like, CRAP, what did I just commit myself to?? I will never know what I am capable of unless I try.

I had to make a very hard decision. You see, I'm trying to live a good Christian filled life, and well, my boyfriend, now ex, is not a Christian. We met when I was 15, went to HS together and his dad, a WONDERFUL man was one of my history/sociology teachers all 4 years of HS. I didn't break up with him because I stopped loving him or anything, I've just been married before and don't want to end up in a divorce because our beliefs are so different. I was honest and very up front from the very beginning with him, the day I told him I wanted to be more than friends in hopes that he felt the same way about me. I told him, “I want a Christian man, one that will pray with me, read the Bible with me...” His response, “I will do whatever I have to for you to be as

happy as you make me when I'm with you.” I thought, “YES, I finally fell in love with my best friend! God FINALLY gave him to me after 11 long years!!” So I prayed, and I prayed and I prayed some more that he would come to know Jesus as his personal savior. I also prayed “Lord, YOU know if he will ever come to know you, if he will not have HIM break up with ME, and say that we should just be friends.” I prayed this KNOWING full well that if I broke up with him our friendship would be over. He's a VERY stubborn man. Well we were together a little over a year and he's never followed through. We got into a heated discussion, I tried to stop it cuz I knew he would end up saying something that would completely upset me, he got mad for cutting him off and interrupting him, and I told him, “it's because you're going to say something that's gonna piss me off.” Well he said it anyways, and I yelled at him, “This is why I second guess us all the time!!” He said, “well since you're mad I guess I'll talk to you later.” I said “fine, bye.” He said, “I love you.” I didn't say it back since I was mad. So I sent him a text about ½ hour later told him “I love you too, it's just not enough.” Didn't hear from him the rest of the night.


Quote for the day: “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” - Philosopher, Emerson Waldo.


Day 1: Bronchitis got the best of me, 10 minutes max was all I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment